|Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Camping Guidelines Updated for 57th annual Bud Classic Week
By Oswego Speedway @ 11:59 AM :: 2584 Views
OSWEGO, NY (August 6, 2013) – With the 57th running of the Budweiser International Classic 200 on the horizon, Oswego Speedway recently released its 2013 camping guidelines and regulations for the week long festivities that will begin on Monday, August 26 and run through Sunday, September 1.
The majority of past camping policies and regulations have stayed the same for 2013; however a few policies have been put in place for the overall safety of Speedway race fans.
All camping zones will now have a roadway and access lane which must be kept free and clear. There will be absolutely no camping or parking allowed in these lanes.
As in years past it will be required to have at least 10 feet between campers, however all camping spaces must be kept to a maximum of 25’x60’. All campers are now required to be within these measured maximums and camping spaces will now be required to be staged in designated rows along the newly designed access lanes that will be used as turn offs and safety lanes from the main access roads in each camping area.
Camping rows and access lanes will be clearly marked with stakes as you enter the campgrounds via the main access roads.
A total of nearly 400 camping spaces have been carefully plotted out in the Speedway’s back campground with another 120 spaces available along the flats area which sets at the bottom of the Albany St. hill.
There will be three general camping areas available between the back and flats lots along with a family camping zone to the left side of the main access road in the back campground near the Brittany Hill fence line.
Budweiser Classic Week camping access will open at 1pm on Monday, August 26 and as in years past will be open on a first come first serve basis. A camping permit will again be set at $40.
Attached is a full listing of the 2013 Budweiser Classic Week Camping Rules, which we urge you to review, plus a map showing the newly designed camping lanes and parking rows.
For more information on Oswego Speedway visit online at www.oswegospeedway.com, FOLLOW on Twitter @OswegoSpeedway, or LIKE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OswegoSpeedway.
2013 BUDWEISER CLASSIC WEEK CAMPING RULES
Welcome to Budweiser Classic Week. We hope that you enjoy your stay with us and please observe the following rules and regulations to provide a safe environment while on the Oswego Speedway property.
1. All campers must purchase a Budweiser Classic Week Camping Permit for $40.00 before setting up their camping unit. Permits will be sold at the speedway office or at either of the campground command post trailers. Campers will not be permitted access to Speedway grounds until 1pm on Monday, August 26th.
2. No household furniture or temporary shelters are allowed.
3. Property Patrol: Oswego Speedway employees will be patrolling the camping grounds 24 hours a day beginning on Monday, August 26th. They are there for your safety. Please treat them with respect. An altercation with ANY of our employees will lead to eviction from the Speedway property and possible arrest.
4. Camp in Areas Marked on Map: Do not camp in parking areas as marked on the map or you only will be asked to move. Please obey the "No Camping" signs.
5. Rest Rooms: will be open to the campers 24 hours a day beginning Monday, August 26th. There will also be portable facilities located around the grounds.
6. Dumping Station: for motor homes and trailers is provided at the bottom of Albany Street as indicated on the map.
7. Fresh Water: is available Free of charge in front and back grandstand along the outer perimeter fence and in both camping areas.
8. Showers: will be available at the rear grandstand restroom area.
9. Fires: The City of Oswego has an ordinance prohibiting open fires. However, they have allowed campers to make a COOKING FIRE ONLY, measuring no larger than 36'' x 36"! No bonfires or burning of any such things as tires, pallets, furniture, etc. Any sizeable fire could lead to possible arrest or sizeable fine.
10. Music: Should be suitable in noise level to your own campsite. No large boom boxes or amplifiers allowed. No loud music whatsoever past 12:00 midnight. No live bands or, D.J's, or live entertainment of any kind allowed.
11. Open Container Law: The city of Oswego has an ordinance prohibiting the consumption of alcoholic beverages on public property. Please refrain from carrying an open container of alcoholic beverage on any of the roadways surrounding the Oswego Speedway property or any other property not belonging to Oswego Speedway. Remember East Albany St. is a city street and under jurisdiction of city police. If you have an open container of alcohol, stay on Oswego Speedway private property.
12. No Three or Four Wheel ATV's or Trail Bikes Allowed: Due to insurance liability restrictions. The only motorized vehicles allowed will be mopeds or mini-bikes. And no motorized vehicles of this nature driven after dark. Speed limit for all vehicles on Speedway property is 5 mph.
13. Secure your belongings: Lock all personal property, cameras, auto, campers, trailers, etc. while you are away from your campsite. Do not leave coolers, and valuables outside camper or car at night. Lock them up!.
14. Secruity: manned by someone from the Speedway - near the entrance gate to back camping area off City Line Rd. Report any problems to this area.
15. First Aid: will be available at either of the front or rear grandstand during racing activity. After hours, report to the Security.
16. Sale or Use of Drugs: is strictly forbidden and against the law. Possession of firearms on Speedway property is strictly forbidden. NO FIREWORKS, SKY LANTERNS, BALLOON LAUNCHERS, PAINT GUNS, will be allowed on Speedway property.
17. Trespassing: Once the track is closed for the evening and locked, there will be no one allowed on the premises - persons found inside the track will be charged with trespassing. Use of rest rooms ONLY.
18. Any unlawful activity will be reported to local City of Oswego Police.
19. Remember: Enjoy yourself, BUT, you will be held responsible for your actions. And when you're drinking, DON'T DRIVE.
20. All roadways and access lanes must be kept free and clear. Absolutely no parking on these designated lanes.
21. Must have 10 feet between campers.
OSWEGO HOSPITAL: (Rt. 104 West to W. 7th St.)
General (INFO).......................... 349-5511
Emergency Room.... 349-5522 or 349-5523
City Fire Dept./Ambulance.................. 911
City Police......................................... 911
Oswego County/City.......................... 911
Urgent Care Facility (Fulton) 315- 592-3500
About Oswego Speedway: Oswego Speedway, a sports entertainment company, is a 5/8 mile semi-banked pavement racing oval located off the shores of Lake Ontario in scenic Oswego, NY. Oswego Speedway has been a continuously run weekly racing venue since August, 1951. The premier open-wheel pavement short track cars in the world, Supermodifieds, run weekly at Oswego Speedway making Oswego the only weekly Supermodified racing venue in the world. The Small Block Supermodifieds accompany the full blown Supers on a weekly Saturday night schedule which runs from May through September. Oswego Speedway is mentioned in racing circles as the “Indy of the East,” as no fewer than a dozen past and present competitors have competed at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway including Mario Andretti, arguably the greatest driver of all time, two-time Indy 500 champion Gordon Johncock, along with former International Classic Champions Bentley Warren, Joe Gosek, and Davey Hamilton.